Respond to community needs from the 2019 McKinley Fire and restore the community to pre-disaster or as near as possible conditions. Provide coordinated management of long-term assistance to individuals affected by the disaster without discrimination and with cultural awareness in the Upper Susitna Valley.
Who Are We?
The McKinley Fire Long Term Recovery Group (MFLTRG) is a voluntary association of community organizations (non-profit, faith-based, local businesses, volunteer organizations, civic clubs, social service agencies and emergency management) working together to assist in the recovery of the McKinley Fire disaster. Currently active members of this group include individuals from:
- American Red Cross
- Christ Centered Community Church
- Latter Day Saints Church
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Emergency Management
- State of Alaska, Div. of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- St. David Episcopal Church
- Sunshine Community Health Center
- United Way Mat-Su
- United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
- Upper Susitna Community Council
- Upper Susitna Food Pantry
- Willow Area Community Organization
- Willow C.E.R.T.
- Willow Food Pantry
- Willow United Methodist Church